Thursday, August 19, 2010

Manaludtod Dragon for Hinilawod

A preview of my Manaludtod Dragon.

Right now... it's too late in the night or too early in the morning. I have also been browsing through some articles on Biag ni Lam-ang (The Life of Lam-ang); watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand and reading our Hinilawod Script. Thank you Jay, I received the package. This new script with me comes in 3 languages: Ilocano, English and Tagalog... correct me if I'm wrong.

Just trying to plug myself into that state of epic awesomeness--getting familiar with the aesthetic of blood and battles. Excuse me whilst I try to retrieve my brains from whichever corner it has managed to scatter itself. Alright, enough James Joyce-ing and back to business: HINILAWOD.

In our theatrical adaptation Labaw Donggon battles the dragon Manaludtod. This whole battle occurs through a technique called Black Light Theatre. Do your research. The visuals of theatre do not always agree with the pages of a comic. Thus, in the Hinilawod Comic adaptation of this battle scene, things will have to go take a slightly different route.

Aaaand... I'm going through that process of translating theatre into comic pages now. Entertaining and mind-wracking. Let me just say this: 'The inking process is the most rewarding and heartbreaking part of each page.'

No comments:

Post a Comment